General Terms and Conditions of Trade
- The party placing the order (”The Customer”) expressly acknowledges
that the following terms and conditions shall apply to the contract
between the Supplier and the Customer to the exclusion of any other
terms whether oral or contained in any communication from the
Customer to the Supplier or otherwise. No variation of these terms shall
be effective unless the same is in writing and signed by or on behalf of the
- The final date of delivery and installation, within the period for delivery
specified in the order, shall be agreed upon in advance. Time for delivery
shall not be of the essence. It has been agreed that delivery shall be
“on call” the request by the Customer for delivery shall be placed with
the Supplier not less than two weeks before the date of the delivery
desired by the Customer.
- Requests for such final dates to be changed shall only be valid if at least
twenty four hours’ notice has been given by the Customer to the Supplier.
Only one postponement of an installation appointment shall be permitted
and no postponement shall be to a date more than one month after the
original date. The Customer may be liable for the costs of delivery and any
abortive journeys on agreed dates.
- If within 8 weeks of the final date of delivery, the Customer fails to
provide the Supplier with access to his premises for the purpose of
executing the order, the Supplier shall be entitled to fix a final time and
date on which the Customer needs to give access and if access is not
provided at such time, then the Supplier may refuse performance of the
contract and claim damages.
- If due to the Supplier’s fault, the Supplier fails to execute the order within
the agreed period or on such final date as may be pursuant to paragraph
4, the Customer may make time of the essence and require performance
of the contract within a set time, in default of which the Customer shall
be entitled to withdraw from the contract by notice in writing addressed
to the Supplier.
- In accordance with Kitchen Transformations renovation method, the old
kitchen parts will be removed and alterations will be carried out on the
existing units. The Customer hereby declares his consent to this.
- The Supplier undertakes to remedy defects within a reasonable period of
time or at its discretion to replace new parts delivered by the Supplier.
The Customer agrees to allow such repair works to be carried out on his
premises or give access thereto for the purpose of collecting and
dismounting of defective parts and subsequent reinstallation thereof of
- The Supplier shall not be responsible for any indirect or consequential
loss or damage howsoever arising out of any delivery and installation
work agreed to be undertaken.
- Defects must be notified in writing as soon as possible after they have
- Except in so far as the same shall arise from the gross negligence of the
Supplier or its servants or agents any claim for damages by the Customer
in respect of failure to perform the contract or improper or inadequate
performance thereof shall be limited to the value of the order on delivery.
- Payment including any applicable value added tax shall be made at the
time of delivery and installation without any deduction.
- The products to be installed remain the property of the Supplier until
payment has been received in full.
- All installations carry a one year labour warranty fair wear and tear
- All appliances, sinks, taps and worktops carry the manufacturer’s standard
- All doors and drawer fronts are warrantied against de-lamination for 6
years from installation subject to these terms and conditions.
- Doors, drawer fronts and other laminated products should be cleaned
only with a damp soapy cloth applying the minimum amount of moisture
to the door as possible. The Customer should never use any cleaning
chemicals on the surfaces. Doors situated below a sink or covering a
dishwasher/washing machine are not warrantied if the damage is caused
by excessive water contact. Doors and drawer fronts placed near to heat
sources such as ovens, radiators, grills, boiling kettles etc are not
warrantied unless protected by suitable heat strips.
- The warranty on product parts and appliances are for repair or
replacement only and if the manufacturer has discontinued the original
specification the nearest possible alternative will be provided.
- The Supplier will supply goods that are of saleable quality, fit for purpose
and match the description of the goods you have ordered.
- The goods supplied to you the Customer, have been tailored to your
specific order and made according to your specifications, as a result of
which you do not have the right to cancel under the Consumer Contract